468x74px Affiliate Banner

Friday, June 3, 2011

I Am Quite Possibly Queen...


...of the set-in stain, that is.

Papa Bear had a brand new polo shirt, that he had only worn once or twice, that had small food stain on it...probably the size of a quarter. He asked me to treat it, and I did, with Ajax Dish Detergent (because it cuts grease, it's supposed to be good on food/oil-based stains). Then I washed it. And dried it (but not on high heat, because that is NOT good for set-in stains!!!). He went to wear it, and guess what? It still had the stain.

So, I thought, hmmmm, maybe I'll try the Ajax along with a little baking soda. Because we all KNOW how amazing baking soda is, right?


So I made a little paste with the Ajax and the baking soda, and rubbed it into the stain.

I washed the shirt. And dried it. I pulled it out of the dryer, and I couldn't believe my eyes! The stain was G-O-N-E, GONE!!!!

So I dare you to give it a try on YOUR set-in stains, and let me know how it goes!

Hey, by the way, did you notice my updated blog header up there? Finally! We've only had that princess diva bear for a year and a half and I finally got around to changing the blog header!

Mama Bear

1 comment:

  1. I make a paste out of the Ajax dish soap and baking soda to clean my sink. It's great on some harder-to-clean dishes too, because of the bit of texture! I never thought to try the combination for treating stains! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete