468x74px Affiliate Banner

Friday, June 10, 2011

Making Homemade Playdough

My mom must have been the best mom ever. Among other things, she gave me a love for things homemade. Like playdough. I can remember us making playdough when I was a little girl. It smelled like mint and came in all the colors of the rainbow. I love how homemade playdough feels in your hands...so much nicer than the store-bought stuff. And if you keep it in an air-tight container, it'll last for a long, long time! Plus it's really inexpensive to make.

Since today is the first day of summer vacation, I decided to make playdough with the two little bears. Note: I have NEVER had both of them help me with cooking ANYTHING...not at the same time anyway. This was Princess Diva Toddler Bear's first time ever, to cook with Mommy.





The little ones wanted purple, so we made purple. When I get some more salt, we will make some more, in various different colors.

Here is the recipe I found to make the playdough (from Cooks.com):

COOKED PLAYDOUGH

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 Tbsp. cooking oil (I used canola)
1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
1 cup water
Food coloring (desired amount)

Mix together all ingredients. Cook mixture over low heat until thickened. Store in an airtight container when not using.

*This is NOT for eating!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment