468x74px Affiliate Banner

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Reading

This summer, my plan is to read....a LOT....to all three kids. Since our 17 year old is special needs, he still enjoys me reading to him...even if it is a kid's book.

We have read books aloud since Papa Bear and I got married. We read "Peter and the Starcatchers" out loud, when it was just three of us, and we loved it.

We are now working through "The Ranger's Apprentice" series. We are currently on book four.

Here are some books that we got from the library that have been fun to read with the kids:


"Bess and Bella" is an imagination-filled story about
a little girl who is longing for a friend.


"The Web Files" is a GREAT book written in Dragnet style. My kids and I all LOVED it!
(If you find this for sale somewhere for LESS than about $8, will you let me know???)


We enjoyed "Jamboree Day" because of its colorful illustrations and fun rhyme.

"Little Flower" is the story of a pot-bellied pig who saved the life of her owner and won over some neighbors who didn't think she was as remarkable as other neighbors did. Love it!



"Tacky Goes to Camp" is a cute story, and it made me want to read the other "Tacky" books.

So there you have it. I will be sharing more books as the summer goes by. (I'm so excited because my mom keeps sending me BOXES of books that she's found at thrift stores for really, really LOW prices!!) My mom is the one who instilled in me a love for reading from a VERY early age. Seriously, my parents would read Dr. Seuss books while we were in utero! And I'm fairly certain you won't believe me if I told you the age at which I started reading.
Or the fact that I was reading Laura Ingalls Wilder books when I was in kindergarten.
(This is the honest truth!)




What are you reading with YOUR kids? I'd love to know!!

Mama Bear

1 comment:

  1. It was very nice blog and got lots of fun .Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete