468x74px Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Momma's Fair Funnel Cake


Tonight, I had a craving for funnel cake. When we were at Silver Dollar City a couple of weeks ago, I told Papa Bear that we couldn't leave without having funnel cake. And we didn't. At the Great American Country Nights show in the Echo Hollow Amphitheater, we bought funnel cake for the whole family, and really enjoyed it.

So, tonight, I made funnel cake with the help of Little Bear. Please do not look at my messy counter. I'm a messy cook, but I get it all cleaned up. :-)


I found the recipe on Food.com.

One thing I think I would change on this recipe is to add a bit more salt...so maybe 3/4 teaspoon or even one whole teaspoon. There's not much oomph to the flavor without it.

You gotta have a funnel to do this.




Yummy, golden, delicious funnel cake! Now to work it off!

Recipe:

Momma's Fair Funnel Cake (courtesy of Food.com...added by Traci & Jeff Poole1)

3 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups milk
3-2/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (I would do a full teaspoon)
2 teaspoons baking powder
vegetable or canola oil, for frying

1. Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly--beat. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and creamy.
2. Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole at the bottom. In a large cast iron skillet, add 2 inches of oil and heat to medium high.
3. When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
4. Move the funnel around to make designs.
5. Brown on both sides--then immediately remove and drain on paper towels.
6. Top with brown sugar, honey, cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.

BE CAREFUL TO NOT BURN YOURSELF!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment