468x74px Affiliate Banner

Monday, May 2, 2011

Baking Soda is AMAZING!



I absolutely LOVE all of the wonderful things that Baking Soda is good for. Of course, you use it in baking, but there's much more that it can do.

I use it on a regular basis when I have laundry that has gone into the hamper a bit damp, and I haven't been able to get to the laundry for a few days...to wash it. I simply put my laundry detergent in the washer with the clothes, and then about a half cup of baking soda. This helps to take out the bad smells and freshen laundry. I know you know those bad smells I'm talking about! Like when your towels REEK, and that nasty smell seems to not ever come out, and you're drying your body with a fresh, clean towel, that doesn't smell so fresh and clean. Yeah, that's that bad smell I'm talking about!

I also like to use baking soda for scrubbing my flat-top stove top. It's a very gentle, non-abrasive, non-scratching cleanser. Just add a bit of warm dish water, and scrub!

Another way to use it, which I personally have done and DON'T like, but it works, is for an antacid. When you have severe heartburn or acid reflux, just put about a half a teaspoon in 4 ounces of water, stir and drink it down FAST!

You can also use it for brushing your teeth. A paste made with baking soda and water does the job...and it helps whiten!

I have also read that it is good for the following:

Bee stings or mosquito bites (in paste form)

Shampoo and/or soap (helps soften without drying out skin, and it also removes the gunky build-up from hair products)

Used with vinegar, it's good for getting rid of mold.

Cleaning wedding rings

Softening beans that you're cooking.

Taking the "bitter" out of sweet tea (just a pinch'll do!)

Sweetening up spaghetti sauce without adding sugar.

So, tell me, what do YOU use baking soda for? Any great tips? I'd love to hear!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment