468x74px Affiliate Banner

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Taking Pictures


If you know me, you may know that I LOVE to take pictures! I have since I was pretty young, thanks to my mom, who currently probably has about 40 photo albums full of my and my siblings childhoods, not to mention drawers up on drawers of photos that have not been put in albums since, oh, about 1985!

Anyway, yesterday, I did a mini photo shoot for a friend, of her little girl. I made a makeshift "studio" of sorts in my backyard. Wish I had taken a picture of the setup, but didn't. I secured 4 long sheer curtains on a rod, and sat the rod on the backs of two dining room chairs, and then set up two other chairs to make a little canopy with two more sheer curtains. Then I set a little white chair in the "tent", along with some toys, storybooks, and some white lace pillows.

My friend's little girl didn't want to sit for long, as she is a bundle of get up and go, but we managed to get some good pictures, and since I had the "tent" rigged up, I "forced" (because they just wanted to play outside) Preschooler Brother Bear and Princess Diva Toddler Bear to go in the "tent" and let me take pictures of them too.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how some of the photos turned out! Those sheer curtains act as a GREAT diffuser on a bright, sunshiney day. The first three photos are of my friend's little girl, and the rest are of my little bears.













Hope you're having a great summer so far!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment