468x74px Affiliate Banner

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Graduation -- An Exciting Time in a Teen's Life


We still have 3-1/2 years before Brother Bear graduates from high school...kind of a scary thought. We pray for him on a very regular basis. His life is so NOT normal, compared to other high schoolers. Having been born with only 1/2 a heart, and having had 5 debilitating strokes at the age of 2, he faces so many more challenges than the "normal" teen. I am so proud though, to be able to say that he is really growing in a love for God, and he has a very tender and compassionate hear for the less fortunate in this world. Thank you Jesus! We know that God has a very special plan for this young man, even though this mother's heart just wants to cry out and say "God, can you give him a miracle?" at times. I'm not ready for him to leave us just yet. How will he make it on his own? God, we know you have a very special girl in mind for our Brother Bear. Please be preparing her to be the Godly wife we wish for Brother Bear, and please help us to be preparing him to be the Godly husband we wish him to be.

I know there are other Mama Bears out there, who are looking at this year as a tough year. You have a kiddo in their senior year of high school...maybe it's your firstborn, maybe it's your baby, or maybe it's your only child. Your heart must be twisting and turning, along with your tummy, at the thought of your baby growing up. Where has all the time gone? Are you treating each day as precious? Are you "redeeming the time"? Time is one of those things that you can't get back, no matter what you do. I look at Brother Bear, and think "I haven't spent as much time with him as I should have.". It's time to remedy that. I need to go and love on my "baby".

What are you doing to spend time with your high school senior? What "last minute" messages are you hoping to pass on to them as they get ready for "flying the coop"? What do you hope to have taught them, that will help them in college and in life? I hope that you see every minute as precious, and that you take the time to just love on your kiddo, even if they say "Awwww, MOM!".
Mama Bear

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    Thanks for this post! You know I only have young 'ens... but we're going through alot of transitions (me staying home, the 'terrible twos', the economy and hubby's job, etc!). I'm exhausted by the end of each day...but I remind myself how lucky I am to have these two babies and the time with them. Enjoy those last years of your big 'baby' at home!

    ReplyDelete