468x74px Affiliate Banner

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Freezer Full of Meat

I have the very best family. Papa Bear's Mom and Dad came over on Sunday, in the pouring rain, to bring us a large cooler plus a small cooler FULL of meat!!! I mean FULL!!! We got ground beef, ribeye steaks, ribs, pork chops and more! I couldn't believe it! My mother-in-law had called me earlier in the previous week to let me know about a sale on ground beef: $1.67 a pound at Raley's. WOW! I said "We will definitely have to go and get some, because we are pretty close to having an empty freezer, so we can stock up." I didn't make the statement for any reason other than mentioning that we had plenty of room to stock up.

But Papa Bear's parents felt bad for us, because, see, Papa Bear's company normally gets a bonus this time of year, which amounts to about $3000 for Papa Bear. Because of the downtrodden economy, the company announced they wouldn't be getting the bonus this year. OUCH! We had plans for that money. Well, my in-laws, like I said, felt bad that we wouldn't be getting it, so they, in their usual generosity, filled our upright freezer!!!

I am so thankful that God has given me such an amazing and generous family...my parents and Papa Bear's parents. They are SUCH a blessing to us. I just had to share.

Have a blessed day!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment