468x74px Affiliate Banner

Friday, August 5, 2011

It's Time for Potty-Training!


(source)

Our little Princess Diva Toddler Bear is almost 23 months old, and is finally starting to show an interest in going potty like a big girl. I have tried on numerous occasions, and all she did was scream and cry. NOT ready! I wanted to wait until after our camping trip, because I didn't want to have to deal with all of that while were camping.

The other day, she came up and told me, "I want to go potty like a big girl.". Well, OK THEN! So, I took her and sat her on the potty, and sat with her. She didn't scream and cry. We sang songs. That was a good sign. Then, the other night when I was getting them ready to get into the tub, she pulled her own diaper down. Another sign, right?

Last night, she and Brother Bear (our 4 year old) went to spend the night at Grandma & Poppaw's house (his second time, her first). They did REALLY well. No crying whatsoever, and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law decided to try putting Princess Diva Toddler Bear on the potty. Well, what do you know???? She went #1 and #2! I think she may have surprised herself, because she certainly surprised the rest of us.

So, today, I went and bought her some Minnie Mouse panties (she LOVES Minnie!) and some Pull-Ups. We'll see how long it takes.

Any advice? What do you use as a reward? Do you do a sticker chart? I'd love to know! I've never had to potty train a girl before!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment