468x74px Affiliate Banner

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pineapple Banana Smoothie -- Homemade

I am going to be starting my days with a smoothie every morning that I am able. Today, I had a Pineapple Banana Smoothie. Here is my recipe. Please note...I'm not a measurer...I just add what I feel like adding, or what is available. Also, please note that this makes about 3 servings.

Pineapple Banana Smoothie
1 cup pineapple juice
2 bananas
2 Pink Lemonade Emergen-C
(for added vitamins and minerals)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup light vanilla yogurt
(because that's what was in the fridge; normally I use non-fat, plain yogurt.)
1 to 1-1/2 cups frozen pineapple
(Whole Foods has some for a reasonable price)
1-2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
(for added fiber)
Blend until mixed well. This will be THICK, so you may have to stir in a few times, especially if you don't have a heavy duty blender. Ours is medium duty.
Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment