468x74px Affiliate Banner

Thursday, September 1, 2011

So Proud of Papa Bear!

My husband with his first bear!

My father in law with my hubby's bear.

My husband and his dad went hunting in the Shasta/Trinity area of NorCal, on opening weekend of bow season, just a couple of weeks ago. Their plan was to each get a buck (you can only hunt bucks in CA, and they have to have certain size/type horns...we have STRICT hunting laws here) to bring home for meat for our freezers. They each had a deer tag, but they also had a bear tag, just in case.

These photos are from hubby's Flip Camera, so they're a tad blurry, but you get the idea. I'm so proud of my husband for getting his first bear! Yes, we will cook the bear meat (steaks, stew, etc.), and yes, there will be a bear hide adorning the huge wall above our fireplace. That's how much I love my husband. :-)

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment