468x74px Affiliate Banner

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lord, Please Grant Me Your Grace!


(source)

Oh, Lord! Today hasn't been a good day! I am in such need of your grace! I am a sinner and it shows as I try to take care of my children. I yell at them in frustration or anger. It's an ugly thing. It's because of my own selfishness and laziness. I don't want to be bothered when I'm trying to work, or when I'm web-surfing. I wait until things have reached a fever pitch to take care of the discipline issues, instead of nipping them in the bud.

Father, forgive me for my impatience. For not taking the time to actually listen to what my children are telling me. For not finding the joy in being a mom. For being angry that they have interrupted my schedule today.

Please give me enough grace to make it through the day. Please help me to be loving, tender, compassionate, and full of joy towards the gifts you have given to me. Please help me to tear out the selfishness in my heart, and replace it with a selfless love for others.

Thank you for hearing my prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can identify with this today. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete