468x74px Affiliate Banner

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Harvest Party Mix


Harvest Party Mix

I had seen this on Pinterest and wanted to try it out, so when I knew I needed to make something for home group last night, I knew this was the perfect thing.  See, home group is over 40 adults and over 40 kids!!!  We didn't have that many there last night, but there were probably at least 50 people.  I took two bowls of it, and most of it got eaten.

Here's what I did:

Melt one stick of butter (NOT margarine!!!!!)...add about 1/3 cup of brown sugar and about a teaspoon of cinnamon and cook on low until the sugar is about half dissolved.  Put about 4 cups of Corn Chex and 3 cups of mini pretzels in a large bowl, pour the butter mixture over the top, and toss well...for about 5 minutes, to make sure the chex and pretzels get well-coated.  Put this mixture on a jelly roll pan and place in a 300 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.  Take out, and allow to cool completely (you'll want to kind of toss the mix with a spatula/egg turner after it comes out of the oven, just to separate any pieces that might have stuck together because of the sugar.).  You will FALL IN LOVE with the Chex!!!  Oh, my!  I could not stop eating them!!!

In the meantime, pop up 2 pots of popcorn (I got about 8 cups of popped popcorn from this)...pour into a large bowl and lightly salt.  Once the popcorn is cool, add a bag of Harvest Mix Candy Corn and a bag of M&Ms (regular...not peanut or anything else).  (I took out all of the red and blue M&Ms, because I couldn't find a Fall themed bag of M&Ms at Target.)

After the Chex and pretzels are completely cooled, add to the rest of the mix and toss.

Enjoy!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment