468x74px Affiliate Banner

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Potty-Training Resistance!


 This is how my little Princess Diva Bear feels about potty-training.  We have been fairly consistent with training her for the past 3-4 weeks, and she still cries nearly every time I tell her it's time to go potty.  She doesn't tell us when she needs to go either, which is a bit frustrating to me, because I KNOW she knows when at least #2 is coming!  She stops everything and bends slightly at the waist, and goes...in her Pull-ups!

I'm not sure what to do with her at this point.  We have tried stickers, treats, and pretty much any other bribe for when she DOES go.  But she fights me a LOT on this.  I have the timer set for every 45 minutes so that I don't forget to have her go.  Maybe this is too often, but I find that about a third of the time, she has already gone in her Pull-up in that 45 minutes between potty time.

We let her have books in the bathroom, which she enjoys.  We let her turn the timer on for the next potty time, which she also enjoys.  I have asked her to help me remember what to do when the timer bell rings, which she does, and seems to be excited about.

But she just does not care if she gets potty-trained or not.  She will be 2-1/2 in a couple of weeks, and I figured for sure that she would be ready to potty-train.  I am tired of changing diapers, so I know I'm ready, but I guess maybe she's not.  I will not stop though.  We will continue to take her to the potty, and we will continue to give high praise when she goes, and even the occasional piece of candy when she goes #2.  Somethings GOTTA give!  Right?

I'd love to hear about your potty-training experiences!  Got any advice for me?

Mama Bear
 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you've overcome "potty training resistance" but, you might want to try a book available on Amazon.com. "I Can't, I Won't, No Way!" A Book for Children Who Refuse to Poop. Written entirely from a child's perspective, it is one of the ONLY stories of its kind...can't say it will solve the problem but, it will definitely help!

    ReplyDelete