468x74px Affiliate Banner

Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm "Sew" Into Quilting Right Now

In February, a friend from church started a monthly quilting class for those who want to learn to quilt. In the group (The Soul Stitchers), there are first time sew-ers, experienced sew-ers (like me), and even an experienced quilter. We are putting together one block a month for 12 months. This has really inspired me to do some quilting. Mind you, it's baby quilts that I'm working on. I haven't quite gotten the nerve to do a large quilt, although, I have been working on a quilt for Papa Bear and myself since oh, about 2004!!! It's a simple work in progress. It will get done, but most likely, I will not try to take on the actual quilting of that one. I will gladly PAY to have someone else quilt it!

Well, since I've been so inspired, I wanted to show off my first "quilted and binded (bound???)" quilt (the captions go with the photos above each caption):

The fabric I used.

The front of the quilt, before adding the side strips.

Marking the quilt with lines for quilting (a very LONG process for me!)

A closeup of the "line-marking" process.

The quilted front.

The quilted back.

The finished product! I purchased the binding on Etsy.com from Shasta Creations. YAY! I truly believe that I will learn to make my own binding some day, but until then, I am glad to purchase it. I have no problem with that at all. In fact, I am working on a second quilt now, and I will be purchasing the binding from the same Etsy shop.

The finished back. OOPS! I forgot to rotate the photo. The stripe actually goes horizontally.



I will be back, to show you my next quilt, which is ready for the quilting right now.

Have a blessed day in Christ!

Mama Bear

1 comment:

  1. I love love LOVE this quilt! Everything about it. I want it. Seriously! I love the rainbow strips, the backing, the way you quilted it. It's perfect. I can't wait to see more of your quilts! :]

    ReplyDelete