468x74px Affiliate Banner

Monday, November 14, 2011

Make Your Spaghetti Better


The Bear Family LOOOOOOOVES my spaghetti.  And anyone who I've taken it to (we have a thing in our church where we take meals to families who have just had babies...or have had surgeries, or whatever) has LOVED it.  I don't do anything super special, but I will be glad to share what I do to kick it up a notch.

For the most part, we use Trader Joe's Spaghetti Sauce, but you can use any sauce you like.  Then, I just add about a tablespoon (or more) of Balsamic Vinegar, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and some fresh, chopped basil.  I also will add sometimes, a teaspoon of dried oregano and some minced garlic (unless the sauce already has garlic in it).  Sometimes I will also need to add a small can of tomato paste to thicken the sauce up a bit.

Everyone in our family eats this meal with gusto, from our 11 month old foster daughter, all the way up to Papa Bear....and we pretty much eat it once a week, with NO complaints!

It may not be the way the Italians do it, but it's the way Mama Bear does it.

Mama Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment