468x74px Affiliate Banner

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Already Know What You Need...


This morning, I was trying to get some things done before I got Baby Bear her bottle. But as soon as she saw me, she started fussing. No, it was more like all out drama. Normally, she starts fussing as soon as she sees her bottle being fixed, but this was a little different. She was pretty much mad that she wasn't getting her way immediately. She cried real tears, I assure you of that. But Mama Bear knows...it's a lot of drama.

Kind of made me think though. I knew she needed a bottle, but she needed to be patient while I got it for her. Not huge on the "to do" list of infants, right? But, it started me thinking about how we fuss and cry and throw "tantrums" when we pray for something and God doesn't give it to us right away. He knows what we need. He even knows what we want! But sometimes, He wants us to be patient and wait until just the right time...in HIS time.

So, I guess we are all, at times, like Baby Bear. I know I am! I fuss and fume, thinking "Why doesn't God answer this prayer by giving me what I want/need right now? I don't understand it!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!". But His timing is SO perfect. I have seen that time and time again. Through wanting to get pregnant, and being given the gift of adoption instead. Through learning to be content in a tiny apartment with no yard, and being given the gift of a great house close to The Teenager's school, at the PERFECT time! Through worrying about how I am going to tell my friend that I can't watch their child anymore, because we just got an 18 month old delivered to us, and being given the gift of not having to stress about it because her husband got a job in a different city...too far away for a babysitting commute. Little things like this happen all the time, and it's always in hindsight that I see how perfect God's timing is.

God, please forgive me for my impatience and even anger, and please help me to quit fussing and fuming, and just completely trust that You know what You're doing, and You will answer at the right time.

Baby Bear, I know what you need. I will get it for you. Just be patient. It's coming!

Have a blessed day in Christ!

Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment